New York Youth Organizations Sexual Abuse Attorney
In recent years, several alarming reports have detailed widespread sexual abuse in many well-known youth organizations operating in New York and across the country. With some allegations dating back decades, these reports seem indicative of an epidemic of institutional sexual abuse in the United States.
If you or a loved one is survivor of sexual abuse or assault in a youth organization, please contact a New York youth organization sexual abuse lawyer to discuss your case. Manly, Stewart & Finaldi want to help you seek justice for what happened to you and many others in these organizations.
Why Choose Us?
Our New York sexual abuse attorneys are dedicated to fighting institutional abuse on a larger scale and seeking justice for those who have been wronged by large youth organizations.
- We have fought for the justice and closure of sexual abuse survivors for more than 20 years.
- We are not intimidated by large organizations that their reputations. In previous cases, we have represented more than 150 survivors of clergy abuse and more than 100 survivors of school abuse in California.
- We have a proven record of results, securing more than $2 billion total for our clients.
- We are committed to your safety and well-being. We respect your privacy, and we carefully protect your identity with 100% confidentiality if requested.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
A New York youth organization sexual abuse lawyer can be invaluable in your fight against a youth organization for their despicable actions. A trusted attorney with experience and knowledge in the matter can give you insight, direction, and peace of mind regarding your abuse and how you want to proceed with a case.
- Trustworthy legal counsel can assist you with any technical legal aspects of the case, such as paperwork or best practices – minimizing stress and frustration on your end.
- A sexual assault or abuse suit can be a very serious legal proceeding that requires preparation, diligence, and patience. An attorney with experienced in abuse cases can help you devise a comprehensive case strategy and covers all the bases so that you are properly prepared.
- A lawyer specialized in sexual abuse cases may also be able to connect your abuse to other related cases that may have occurred within the same organization. This not only provides credibility to your claim, but also gives others the opportunity to came forward and make a significant impact against the responsible parties.
- Larger companies and established organizations typically have a team of legal experts on hand to assist them with litigation. Retaining your own attorney can help even the odds, giving you a fighting chance against your abusers.
Ultimately, a lawyer is there to support you through your fight. We are here to take care of all the legal burdens while you can focus on healing and recovery.
We Pursue All Offending Youth Organizations
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we are committed to pursuing all youth organizations who may have allegations of sexual abuse and assault against them. This includes:
- The Boy Scouts of America. A recent report alleges that more than 800 men who participated in the Boy Scouts as children were repeatedly abused and assaulted, dating back to the 1970s. Additionally, there have recently been at least 24 lawsuits filed against the organization in New York.
- The Boys and Girls Club. A recent news report found that more than 200 men, woman, and children were abused by employees, volunteers, and even other children at various Boys and Girls Clubs across 30 states – and when these instances were reported, administrators failed to notify the proper authorities.
- The YMCA. Multiple instances of sexual abuse have occurred in YMCA locations throughout the country. In many of these situations, volunteers were not properly screened, and the children were not properly supervised and protected from other adults.
If any large youth organization has had instances of institutional abuse, they deserve to be held fully accountable for their actions.
The New York Child Victims Act
If you or a loved one is a survivor of abuse in a youth organization but you have not pursued justice due to the statute of limitations, the New York Child Victims Act may provide help. The newly passed act effectively extends the statute of limitations for survivors of child abuse. Survivors now have:
- Until they are 28 years old to pursue criminal charges
- Until they are 55 years old to file a civil claim.
In order to account for survivors may still be outside the statute of limitations, the Child Victims Act also enacted a one-year window for all survivors to pursue civil compensation – regardless of when it occurred.
Starting August 14, all survivors of child abuse in New York are eligible to file a civil claim against all liable parties – including those who may have acted in negligence following your abuse.
Your New York Youth Organization Sexual Abuse Attorneys
We understand the profound effects abuse can have on a child, and we want to help. If you or a loved one is a survivor of child abuse at a youth organization in New York, contact us today to discuss your case. Although we understand that monetary compensation will not heal your wounds, it may provide the necessary support to give you the help you deserve.