Archdiocese of New York Sexual Abuse Lawyer
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York has recently come under fire for a list of 120 clergy members who have been credibly accused of the sexual abuse of a minor. Although the Catholic Church has made measures to provide compensation to survivors of abused, they may not be the best option for those seeking closure and justice for their actions.
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we are committed to seeking justice for those who have been abused by clergy within the Archdiocese of New York. If you or a loved one is a survivor of clergy abuse, please contact us today to discuss your case, and see how you can hold the Archdiocese of New York accountable for their terrible actions.
Why Choose Us?
- We understand how vulnerable you may feel, so we uphold the highest standards of confidentiality and anonymity necessary to make you feel safe through the proceedings.
- We have over 20 years of experience successfully representing survivors of abuse by members of the New York Archdiocese.
- Our firm puts an emphasis on healing and recovery before compensation and profits. We always aim for the maximum compensation possible not to make money, but to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve, and to act as a punitive measure against the Archdiocese for their irresponsible actions.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
An attorney who is experienced in representing survivors of clergy abuse can be invaluable to your case in multiple ways.
- Litigation can often be stressful and cause further trauma if done without proper representation. A lawyer can provide help, support, and privacy if necessary in order to facilitate your claim.
- An attorney has the resources to properly determine the full worth of your case. This can ensure that you fight for the maximum possible compensation you are entitled to.
- A large organization such as the Archdiocese of New York can be intimidating, especially to a survivor of abuse. A lawyer who is well-versed in litigating against established companies can be an advocate for your needs without intimidation being a factor.
Ultimately, a skilled lawyer can be a passionate advocate for your needs while you can focus on your healing and recovery.
The Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program
In order to accommodate all credible claims, the Archdiocese of New York consulted with a third party to create an independent program to facilitate financial settlements. Established in 2016, the Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program (IRCP), this initiative aimed to streamline the compensation process for survivors of abuse by the Archdiocese of New York.
Although the IRCP has paid close to $60 million to at least 278 survivors of clergy abuse, accepting their offer may not be the best option for certain survivors.
- Accepting an offer from the Archdiocese of New York may legally prevent you from the ability to file a lawsuit in the future.
- Often these offers are well below what you are entitled to – offering as little as a tenth of your rightful compensation amount.
Most importantly, accepting an offer via a third party may not fully hold those at-fault parties accountable for their actions. It is highly recommended to consult an attorney experienced in clergy abuse claims before going through with an IRCP claim.
Contact an Archdiocese Sexual Abuse Lawyer
If you or a loved one is a survivor of abuse by a member of the Archdiocese of New York, you deserve closure and compensation for your damages – and they deserve to be held accountable for their actions. Contact us today to discuss your case and let us help you seek justice on your behalf.