New York Hospital Sexual Abuse Attorney
We place our trust in doctors and other medical professionals to help us stay healthy and take care of ourselves. However, the unfortunate reality is that in 2016 alone, there were more than 2,400 reports of sexual abuse from patients during routine medical care.
If you or your loved one is a survivor of sexual abuse by a doctor, speak to our New York hospital sexual abuse lawyers to discuss your case. We want to help those who have been abused in a hospital receive the compensation and justice they deserve.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- We have over 20 years of experience representing survivors of sexual abuse of all types, including doctor and hospital abuse.
- We have successfully litigated against larger organizations, such as hospitals, schools, and churches, totaling $2 billion recovered for our clients.
- We represent more than 200 patients of disgraced Olympics Gymnastics Team doctor Larry Nassar and won a record $500 million settlement.
- We understand the sensitive nature of this case, so we uphold the highest standards of anonymity and privacy, with respect to our clients.
Our sexual abuse attorneys focus in on helping our clients heal and recover during this difficult time, and do everything in our power to ensure they receive the support they deserve.
Why Hire a Hospital Sexual Abuse Attorney?
In cases involving hospital sexual abuse, it is highly recommended to consult with an experienced attorney before proceeding with a claim.
- An attorney can help determine the value of your claim, helping you pursue the maximum possible compensation for your needs.
- A lawyer can help you determine all the responsible parties involved, allowing you to file a suit against them all to hold them accountable for their despicable actions.
- An attorney with experience with survivors of sexual abuse can help treat your case with respect, and provide you with the support you need in this trying, difficult time.
- Hospitals typically have large legal teams and insurance companies who are aggressive in their litigation. An experienced lawyer is not intimidated by such a large company, and can negotiate on your behalf to ensure your needs are met.
Above all, a lawyer can fight for your needs while you focus on healing and recovery.
Common Types of Sexual Abuse in a Hospital
Sexual abuse and assaults often occur in hospitals in a number of common scenarios.
- A doctor or medical professional engages in inappropriate sexual contact with patients under the guise of a routine medical examination.
- Hospital staff members attempt to assault patients when they are heavily sedated or otherwise drugged.
- Elderly patients are commonly abused when they are too old or otherwise incapacitated to resist or act out.
- Other care-dependent patients are abused because they cannot speak out about it.
In many instances, these actions are reported, but reports are often discounted due to the mental and physical condition of the patients involved.
Who is Liable for Hospital Sexual Abuse?
Survivors of hospital sexual abuse can hold the following parties liable in a lawsuit:
- The offending staff members. Any doctor or other medical professional who engaged in the act is directly liable for their actions.
- Any accompanying personnel. If you reported a case of assault to another nurse and they failed to take your report seriously, they may be held liable.
- The hospital. It is the hospital’s duty to ensure all patients are safe from harm when under their care. By hiring a medical professional who then seriously harmed you, they have breached that duty, making them liable for any associated damages. Additionally, if a hospital fails to act upon any reports of sexual abuse, they may also be held liable for their negligence.
Contact a New York Sexual Abuse Attorney
We understand that you may feel betrayed and untrustworthy in the aftermath of abuse in a hospital. Let us help you seek justice for your experience; we want to hold any parties responsible for sexual abuse fully accountable for their terrible actions.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We want to support you during this tough time.