New York YMCA Sexual Abuse Lawyer
The Youth Men’s Christian Association, better known as the YMCA, is a trusted place that provides enrichment and care to children and teens across the United States. Unfortunately, there have been several cases and lawsuits of young children suffering sexual assault at the hands of YMCA members and staff.
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we understand the pain and hardships that come with sexual abuse, and we want to use our legal experience to help those in need. If you or a loved one is a survivor of sexual abuse by the YMCA, please contact our New York YMCA sexual abuse attorneys today to discuss your case.
Why Choose Us?
- We have represented survivors of sexual abuse for more than 20 years, successfully litigating against schools, churches, camps, sports clubs, and other youth organizations.
- Our lawyers have a proven record of results, recovering more than $2 billion total on behalf of our clients.
- We take a trauma-informed approach to our clients, understanding the sensitive nature of your case. We are empathetic to your experience and give you the respect and support you deserve through this stressful time.
Ultimately, we are focused on ensuring our clients receive the care, support, and help they truly deserve.
Why Hire a YMCA Abuse Attorney?
In cases where the sexual abuse of a minor is involved, it is highly recommended to retain the services of an attorney with experience in sex abuse cases.
- An attorney with knowledge of the legal proceedings can help formulate a strategy that maximizes the client’s compensation, ensuring they receive the monetary damages they deserve.
- Pursuing a claim through a lawyer can help protect the privacy and rights of those who were abused. Maintaining anonymity can be crucial to the healing process for survivors of abuse – especially those who are underage.
- An attorney experienced in sex abuse cases understands the emotional gravity of such an event, as such, treats clients with the respect and care necessary to proceed through the case without having them relive the trauma.
Ultimately, an attorney can help a survivor of abuse achieve the results they deserve, while they can put their focus on healing and recovery.
Who is Responsible?
In cases of sexual abuse at the YMCA, a number of different parties may be held liable: the staff members engaging in abuse, any security guards who failed to keep children safe, or other counselors who were aware of the abuse and let it happen.
However, above all, the YMCA organization must be held liable for the actions of their employees. They uphold a standard to ensure any children under their care are safe from instances of abuse or assault. The organization even has a Code of Conduct that all staff members must abide by, which includes relevant guidelines such as:
- At no time should a staff member be alone with a single child, such that other staff cannot see them.
- Staff shall never leave a child unsupervised.
- Staff will conduct private activities, such as diapering or changing, in pairs.
By hiring staff or counselors who then proceed to abuse children, they have failed to protect the children – and therefore are liable for any resultant actions.
Your New York YMCA Sexual Abuse Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been a survivor of sexual abuse at the YMCA, we want to help you seek justice today. Contact us to schedule a no-cost consultation, and let us help you receive the closure and compensation you truly deserve.